Pages

Sunday, July 17, 2011

Dream Job

Every now and then I have a sudden revelation of what my dream job would be. These mostly involved totally unrealistc opportunities that only a select number of people probably ever do. But one of those things that I think, "Gosh, that must be awesome to be the person that does _____!"

So, here's my most recent inspiration: The other day I saw a live version of Adele's songs 'Someone Like You' and 'Don't You Remember.' And I thought to myself, who is that guy playing the piano? I watched several live versions and in each one, it's the same man. Did he have to audition to play for her? Does she know him personally? I would like his job please. Seriously, I have total respect for an artist who has such a beautiful voice with only piano as an accompaniment, especially in this age of completely auto tuned voices. Maybe I'm just biased towards the piano. :)

I think this job appeals to me for several reasons: I would never want the job of the 'star.' I could never handle the pressure or all the eyes. But the job of the person playing the star's music, yes please. How many people actually remember who played the piano for famous artists? Nobody. Ok, well maybe the people who are supposed to know, but not the majority of people. Perfect. Less pressure but gorgeous music and the chance to play for incredible people. Ahhhhh.

So Adele, if you ever read this (ha!), I'm your girl!






More realistic personal goal: purchase piano in the next 6 mths to brush up on my skills and then volunteer in the church worship band. I'll keep you updated on my progress...

No comments:

Post a Comment