Pages

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Spring Cleaning, err crafting

So, the weather was on a warming trend and then suddenly it has been overcast and cold again. But the warm weather did spark a motivation for some spring cleaning...and crafting...despite the fact that some of it will have to wait until the temperatures begin to rise again.

I am especially ready for the weather to be warm so we can get out and work in our yard. Its amusing to me the things that become fun once you are a home owner. Home Depot is suddenly a magical place. Yard care is suddenly something I'm googling often. I would rather save up for home decor items or new furniture than for clothes or accessories. . .

This year we are prioritizing getting our yard in order. The lady who previously lived in our house did about zero landscaping upkeep and it shows! So as Spring has begun to arrive, we've already been hard at work clearing dead brush, raking up random piles of leaves (how did those get there!?) and planning out how to make a back yard oasis. Can't wait for the growing season! I'm envisioning lots of backyard barbques, yard games, smores around a fire pit, sunbathing, etc. :) :)

And until I can get my hands dirty outside, I've been doing a little spring crafting inside. Thanks to inspiration and a tutorial from this blog, I made two new pillows for our front porch swing...



It was actually my first time sewing pillows. And they are made from two napkins from World Market. The material is so sturdy, they feel like canvas - perfect for outdoors! I even made them with a flap on the back so I can change them out at any time. And honestly, it was pretty easy. :)


Also, a new Spring wreath for the front door...




Come on back Spring! I miss you!

No comments:

Post a Comment