Pages

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Confession

I'm a huge bargain shopper. And I can get super excited over a good deal. For instance, I was with two close friends this weekend and we were shopping at Target. I had seen a super cute tote a couple weeks ago but didn't want to pay full price and had totally forgot about it. But as we were shopping, we saw the tote on clearance for $3. Needless to say, it is now in my possession. :) Woot!

And I am starting to realize more and more how much money I can save by making things, especially decorative items. I've become a frequent shopper of Joann Fabrics (ha!) and love browsing through all the material. Today I came home with a sample of fabric that happens to match pillows (which I almost got rid of) and framed artwork (that had been sitting around unused) I already have! Hooray!

I think the fabric might be used to cover a couple plain white lamp shades I have...and of course I'll follow the handy dandy tutorial of my friend Tara! I've been stumped on decorating our living room and now that I have some things that are starting to coordinate, I think it'll give me a jump start! Is it totally dorky that I wish I had a couple days off to just sit around and do crafty projects?!

Oh well, there you have it.

No comments:

Post a Comment